Lend Your Ears and Brain to Research
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for research in the BPM Research Lab.
There are currently two projects recruiting volunteers. Please look at the criteria below and fill out the interest form for the project you best meet the criteria for.
1. Music Training and Perception
For this study, we are looking for musicians with diverse musical training backgrounds: self-taught, formally trained, and everything in between.
All volunteers should be age 18+ and current Berklee community members.
Eligible participants will complete a short online survey about their musical training history and music perception abilities.
If interested, you may access the survey here: http://bit.ly/MusicTrainingSurvey
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us (BPM@berklee.edu).
2. Music Training and Auditory Processing (On Hold Due to Covid Response)
We are currently looking for instrumentalists* that meet the following criteria:
- Jazz musicians with 5+ years of training in music that includes improvisation
- Classical musicians with 5+ years of training in music that does not include improvisation
- All volunteers should be age 18-35 and current Berklee community members
Eligible participants will listen to music and other sounds in a sound-attenuated room. The study will take 1 hour to complete.
If interested, please fill out this Participation Interest Form and we will contact you if you meet the criteria for participation.
*At this time, we are not recruiting those primarily trained in voice or percussion.